Thursday, January 22, 2009

Kid-Quotage

So as anyone who knows me is well aware, I love telling stories about the kids at my work. And today I have a great one:

So there's this little boy who's one of the cutest, funniest, smartest kids I know (he's four years old and can read and write pretty much anything), who also happens to be Mormon. Today he came into class talking about his new "body book" that he had at home, and I was asking him about it when suddenly he said: "Beatrice, smoking and drinking coffee is bad for your body."
Me: "Oh . . . was that in your body book?"
Little boy: "No. It's in the scriptures."
Me: "Uh . . . well, I only do one of those things. Drinking coffee, I mean."
Little boy: "Well, you shouldn't do that. It's in the Scriptures."

. . . little boy goes back to building with blocks . . .

Me (quietly, to Megan): "I think I'm going to hell."

1 comment:

megan said...

hehe. i told him to bring his body book for show-n-tell next week. i wonder if it has a picture of robert pattinson's body...