Saturday, June 27, 2009

Besalu Deliciousness


I went to Cafe Besalu, in Ballard, today, for the first time in a really long while. I'd forgotten how much I love it! My quasi-uncle Andy (he was actually my mother's best friend, they knew each other since high school, but he's like family), introduced me to it right after I moved to Seattle. He's been going there since they opened, so he knows the owner and a lot of the staff. The owner's name is James, he has a philosophy degree (random), and he's super nice. Anyway, Besalu has great coffee and DELICIOUS pastry. I had a blueberry danish today, and I also really love their ginger biscuits and nectarine tart . . . everything there is amazing. So go! They're closed for the next two weeks because James and his wife are going on vacation, but normally they're open Wednesday-Sunday from 7am-3pm. There's sometimes a really line, but it's well worth it, and also they're right next to the Java Bean, which also has really good coffee and shorter lines, so some people buy Java Bean coffee while they wait in line for Besalu (which has better coffee and infinitely better pastry).

2 comments:

megan said...

i want to go there! i want to go there! i want to go there! ballard rocks. we should have a ballard day. we can go to sonic boom, golden gardens, that cute little bookstore, the curiousity shop, .... yeah, get on that!

Kristine Rosenborg said...

Can we go here when I come back?!? After or before Bumbershoot? Or after Megan and I take you to Canada!!! Miss you!